Our principal consultant has over 27 years experience as a design engineer and regulatory compliance expert. He has authored four textbooks on EMC, specializing in the design and layout of printed circuit boards for signal integrity and EMC compliance, in addition to numerous technical papers dealing with PCBs and EMC. He is a member of the IEEE EMC Society Board of Directors and is internationally recognized as an expert in all facets of EMC.
Our consultant works with only a few companies at a time. This allows him the opportunity to work closely with you to give you the specialized attention that you need. If necessary, he will work directly with the PCB designer as well as system engineers to ensure compatibility and functionality on the first pass.
EMC Compliance Capabilities
- Schematic review prior to layout to ascertain if logic design problems exist, especially related to power integrity.
- Works with PCB designers to ensure component placement and routing rules are identified before formal routing is performed.
- Review both PCB and system level designs for self compatibility and incorporation of necessary design elements from shielding and gasketing to EMI suppression at the circuit level.
- Review EMC test results taken from a commercial test facility and work toward achieving compliance either in-house or at the test laboratory; provide hands-on solutions working with the staff EMC engineer or technician to make them successful.
- Perform in situ testing for industrial products for CE self-declaration; systems that cannot be transported to a test laboratory using the Technical Construction File route.
- Provide in-house training on a variety of topics.
- Provide and consulting on any aspect of PCB and system design.
- Availability is generally within one day from time of request for services.